South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) would like your feedback on how we should manage the need for new houses and employment in South Oxfordshire.
SODC have prepared the latest draft of our Local Plan which explains where, and why, SODC consider new houses and employment should be located up until the year 2033. The plan also explains how SODC will raise money to provide infrastructure for things like roads, schools, leisure centres, parks and shops.
SODC have already consulted on three earlier versions of this document, as follows:
“Issues and scope” (June 2014)
“Refined options” (February 2015)
“Preferred options” (June 2016)
SODC is now seeking your views on our Local Plan: Second Preferred Options, the Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment.
How to get involved
You can read the draft Local Plan and the supporting documents on the council’s website from 9am on Wednesday 29 March at www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan. Paper copies of the plan will be available across the district, at the locations listed below:
- SODC council office at 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB – weekdays from 8.30am to 5pm (4.30pm Fridays)
- Public libraries in Benson, Berinsfield, Chinnor, Didcot, Goring, Henley, Sonning Common, Thame, Wallingford, Watlington, Wheatley and Woodcote during their usual opening hours, or
- Abbey Sports Centre Berinsfield, Chalgrove Post Office, Clifton Hampden Post Office, Cornerstone Didcot, Culham Science Centre and Didcot Wave Leisure Centre during their usual opening hours.
The draft documents will be subject to consultation for a seven week period from Wednesday 29 March to 5pm on Wednesday 17 May 2017. The standard consultation period has been extended by one week to allow for Easter.
SODC is holding four drop-in events across the district during the consultation period. Come along and view the consultation documents and information boards and ask us questions. You are welcome to attend any event to discuss what is happening in the area you live:
- Didcot: Cornerstone, 1pm – 7pm on Wednesday 5 April
- Wallingford: Regal Centre, 3pm – 7pm on Friday 7 April
- Thame: Barns Centre, 10am – 4pm on Saturday 8 April
- Henley: The Christ Church Centre, 10am – 4pm on Saturday 22 April
How to comment
You can comment on the draft documents until 5pm on Wednesday 17 May 2017, by:
- completing a form at one of SODC’s drop-in events and posting it in SODC’s ballot box
- participating in SODC’s online survey, accessed via www.southoxon.gov.uk/newlocalplan (registration is required)
- downloading a copy of our comment form from SODC’s website, or collecting a hard copy from the locations listed previously and either:
– emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
– posting it to SODC Planning Policy, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB, or
- emailing or writing to SODC using the above addresses
To take part in the consultation SODC requires your name and address. Your name and comments will be made available for public viewing so these cannot be treated as confidential.
If you have any questions, please contact the planning policy team on 01235 422600 or email email@example.com