The Governors of Kidmore End CE Primary School, an Academy which is part of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust, are consulting on proposed changes to their admissions arrangements. The proposed changes would take effect from the beginning of the academic year 2019.
The changes are:
- To remove Criteria 6, 7 and 8 which relate to church attendance.
- To clarify Criteria 6 (currently Criteria 9) in relation to exceptional medical and social needs.
The admissions criteria would therefore be as follows:
- Looked-after children and children who were previously looked after, but ceased to be so because, immediately after being looked after, they became subject to an adoption, child arrangement or special guardianship order. (See Note 2)
- Children with a normal address within the agreed catchment area – the civil parishes of Kidmore End and Mapledurham (see Note 3) and with a sibling (see Note 4) on the roll of the school at the time of application or whose parent has accepted an offer of a place at the school and who is expected still to be in attendance at the time of entry to the school.
- Children outside the catchment area with a sibling in the school at the time of application and expected still to be on the school roll at the time of admission and where the sibling entered the school between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2016. This is a time limited criteria which will cease in 2022.
- Children with a normal address within the agreed catchment area – the civil parishes of Kidmore End and Mapledurham (see note 3). Parents may be asked to provide proof of address e.g. recent utility bill when they complete their application.
- Children with a sibling (see Note 4) on the roll of the school at the time of application or whose parent has accepted an offer of a place at the school and who is expected still to be in attendance at the time of entry to the school.
- Families who have exceptional medical or social circumstances that make it essential that their child attends Kidmore End CE Primary School rather than any other. These needs must be fully supported by written evidence from the appropriate professional person involved with the family.
- All other children
The aim of these changes is to ensure that the arrangements continue to be appropriate and that they comply with all the relevant requirements, while at the same time following advice from the Diocese of Oxford that ‘encourages schools where possible not to use church affiliation criteria in their admissions policies. Most C of E schools were established to educate the ‘poor of the parish’ with no requirement for families to be members of the church.’ The full admissions policy and details relating to the consultation are available on the school’s website – http://moodle.kidmore-end.co.uk/.
The consultation will run from 4th December 2017 to 19th January 2018. If you wish to comment on the proposed changes, please contact Mrs Helena Wheatman at the school address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair of Admissions Committee Kidmore End CE Governing Body