Here are the notes of 6th NDP steering group meeting held on 7th March 2018:
Both consultation events were well attended. 126 questionnaires were received (breakdown below) and some clear themes have emerged.
Chalkhouse Green – 21
Gallowstree Common – 24
Cane End – 6
Tokers Green – 22
Kidmore End – 52
Kidmore End village had the highest turnout as a % of residents. It was agreed that future community events will be held at different locations to try to encourage equal involvement across all villages.
Key Themes identified
There was a lot of consistency in the themes coming out across the parish.
- Rurality and AONB were the most valued aspects of living in the parish.
- Roads, road safety and traffic were regularly mentioned
- Traffic and road safety were the most popular concerns
- The potential for Reading sprawl was the second most popular concern followed by the preservation of village boundaries.
- Affordability of housing was also a key theme.
- The survey will be designed by end of March. It will then be set up in Survey Monkey and the hard copy will be designed and printed for distribution.
- The briefing sessions for the survey volunteers will be held in April, dates to follow, at Gallowstree Pavilion. Volunteers who offered to help with the distribution of the survey will be contacted and information given.
- The survey will be distributed from late April till early May, dates to follow. The survey will also be available via a link on the Parish Council website. Analysis of the survey will take place in May.
Date of next meeting: Wednesday 25th April, 7.30pm at Gallowstree Common Pavilion